At EDM Maniac, thoughtful, inspiring, and top-tier content is what we are all about. We have extremely high-quality standards when putting out any content, and are looking for a passionate News Writer to join our team. If you are interested in joining our team as a News Writer, check out our current opening below. We look forward to hearing from you!
For writing positions, please email your current resume, hourly pay requirements, and recent writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidates must be able to commit 25 hours/ week (9am PT-2pm PT) to strategize, conceptualize and write content.
Experience writing for a blog is required. We are not your average EDM blog, and we take a ton of pride in that.
EDM Maniac News Writer (hourly, 25 hours/week minimum).
What You’ll Do:
- Write unbiased stories that align with the integrity of the EDM Maniac brand
- Write and update content that gives EDM Maniac readers information about current dance music news stories and events
- Collect, verify and analyze newsworthy information
- Work on tight timelines, creating multiple stories a day
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Optimize content using the latest SEO techniques
- Work with social team to produce industry-leading content
- Attend and report on industry events as an EDM Maniac representative
- Develop productive relationships with industry representatives
The ideal candidates will have:
- Passion for and knowledge of the dance music industry
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and how they operate
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Strong professional communication skills
- Warm, enthusiastic personality
- Creative vision
This is a paid, hourly contractor position. Hourly rate to be determined based on experience.
In addition, we’re happy to compensate you with club/festival passes (depending on your assignment), a discount hotel (depending on the event), a small festival travel stipend, full credit on your work on edmmaniac.com and of course the countless amount of experience you’ll get for working with a publication like ours.
*If you join our team, you must not have any current ties with any other blogs/affiliations.