EDM Maniac is seeking forward-thinking, talented and passionate EDM fans to contribute content for EDM Maniac (online).
- Facilitate the writing/editing lifecycle of review content (events, shows, album release parties) for a number of assigned cities
- Edit and write reviews across multiple media in order to provide a consistent voice for all content
- Work with other writers throughout the research, writing, and editing process to ensure the reviews meet EDM Maniac quality standards
- Assist in the fact checking of content for proper spelling and grammar styles in cities and languages around the world
- Verify the accuracy of submitted content
- Maintain writer training and style guides
- Maintain high quality writing style and guidelines
- Prepare content for distribution via a variety of ONLINE media
- Email Marketing: Write and edit email marketing pieces to be distributed to EDM Maniac’s growing community.
- Prepare content for different formats in regards to Web, Mobile, and Print materials
- Edit event descriptions for a number of assigned cities including: major festivals, club/major venue shows
- Contribute original and forward-thinking ideas and content for feature articles on EDM Maniac and marketing
- Have good communication and people skills
- Understanding of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Google docs.
- Be commercially aware and good at marketing themselves.
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to work nights and weekends
- Must be 21+ in order to attend most events.
EDM Maniac is rapidly growing and while our editor positions do not pay, we’re happy to offer all of our editors access to various shows and events in their cities and around the country. This is a great opportunity to join the team and make a difference in the EDM community. Your work will be shared with thousands of people around the world and your passion and excitement will help take EDM Maniac to the next level.
If this position interests you, please send us a writing sample and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!