Thanks for your interest in joining the EDM Maniac team as an intern! We currently have a need for writers, production staff, and social media coordinators for Spring/Summer 2021. As a member of our team, you will be joining a group of 5 individuals who have an unparalleled passion for dance music culture.
Thoughtful, inspiring, and top-tier content is what we are all about. We have extremely high-quality standards when producing out any content, so attention to detail is a must. If you are interested in joining our team as an intern, check out our current openings below. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for ANY of the roles below, please email your resume or relevant work experience (or for writing roles a recent writing sample) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re currently looking for:
-(2) editorial writers interns/ shifts: 8am-12pm and 12-4pm (Monday-Friday) *This position includes pre and post-event coverage of national music festivals*
-(2) content/social media strategists (For @EDMManiacPresents, our events brand, and @MANIACBLVCK, our house/techno brand)
-(2) on-site production interns/general admin staff
-(1) graphic designer – must be able to commit at least 1 full day a week.
For writing roles, the ideal candidates must be able to commit AT LEAST ONE FULL DAY A WEEK to strategize, conceptualize/write content. You will have the option of working remotely or having a spot in our open-air, socially distant co-working space.
For social media roles, you must be able to use our preferred social media tools (Hootsuite) and must be able to plan content ahead of schedule.
We are not your average media company and we take a ton of pride in that.
These internships are from now till the end of August 2021, unless otherwise discussed. We are able to offer college credit. Every role requires at least 15 hours a week.
We’re happy to offer you full credit on your work on edmmaniac.com, and of course the countless amount of dance industry experience you’ll get for working with a publication like ours.
More about the writing opportunities:
• Create high-quality original blog posts for EDM Maniac (Each between 300+ words)
• Pitch story ideas for feature pieces
• Reach out to social media influencers for collaborating and maximum exposure
• Create meaningful and thoughtful content that aligns with the EDM Maniac brand
The ideal candidates will have:
• Passion for and knowledge of dance music
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms and how they operate
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
• Strong professional communication skills
• Warm, enthusiastic personality
• Creative vision
• Prior blogging experience is a plus, but not required.