Thanks for your interest in joining the EDM Maniac internship program! We are so excited to launch our late 2022/early 2023 internship program, which will now be in its FOURTH YEAR! We currently have a need for writers, content specialists, and many more for Winter/Spring 2023. As a member of our intern team, you will be joining a group of individuals who have an unparalleled passion for dance music culture.
Thoughtful, inspiring, and top-tier content is what we are all about. We have extremely high-quality standards when producing any content, so attention to detail is a must. If you are interested in joining our team as an intern, check out our current openings below.
To apply for ANY of the roles below, please click this link to apply and upload your resume.
The internship program will be from mid October 2022 – late March 2023 (with a possible extension)
*Must have no prior commitments or ties to any other blogs or affiliations or competing entities (this is an absolute requirement)
*If for college credit, you must be pursuing a career in marketing, media/music/entertainment
*College credit offered if applicable, each role is a paid role.
*Each role will require a minimum of 10 hours/week.
*Each role will be required to sign a standard NDA (non-disclosure) agreement
*In most cases, festival coverage, and writers will receive press accreditation and a travel stipend
*MUST be able to professionally represent EDM Maniac and EDM Maniac’s brands at music events/ festivals
*Almost all positions can be remote, LA team members will have an available open-air office space to come and work
*Enjoy a 4-day work week, our team does not work on Fridays!
We’re currently looking for interns for the following roles:
Regional Festival coverage writers in the following locations: (1) South Florida, (2) Southern California, (1) Midwest, (1) Northeast, (1) West (Mountain). These individuals will be responsible for writing comprehensive coverage about music events in their region and contributing to our Festival Report Card.
(2) Social Media Content Specialists, EDM Maniac and (2) MANIAC BLVCK: these roles will create original, high-quality content graphic content for Instagram and will report to the Lead Content Specialist. Must have some experience creating content and a design background is HUGE PLUS.
(2) Graphic Designers – EDM Maniac/MANIAC BLVCK – help design and create content with our content specialists for both brands. Experience is required!
(1) Junior Writer – MANIAC BLVCK: this role will cover house and techno music news stories. Must be able to commit a few hours per day. You ust like house and techno music and must have at least some prior blog/ writing experience.
(1) Social Media Specialist – MANIAC BLVCK: this role will work with the MANIAC BLVCK content team and be responsible for posting on @MANIACBLVCK regularly and interacting with other brands and pages.
For writing roles, the ideal candidates must be able to commit AT LEAST ONE FULL DAY A WEEK to strategize, conceptualize/write content. You will have the option of working remotely.
We are not your average media company and we take a ton of pride in that.
These are internships from now till the end of March 2023, unless otherwise discussed. We are able to offer college credit, and while these roles are mainly for college students, anyone may apply. Each role will be a paid roll and requires at least 10 hours a week.
We’re happy to offer you full credit for your work on edmmaniac.com, and of course the countless amount of dance industry experience you’ll get for working with a publication like ours.
More about the writing opportunities:
• Create high-quality original blog posts for EDM Maniac (Each between 300+ words)
• Pitch story ideas for feature pieces
• Reach out to social media influencers for collaboration and maximum exposure
• Create meaningful and thoughtful content that aligns with the EDM Maniac brand
The ideal candidates will have:
• Passion for and knowledge of dance music
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms and how they operate
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
• Strong professional communication skills
• Warm, enthusiastic personality
• Creative vision
• Prior blogging experience is a plus, but not required.