Thanks for your interest in joining the EDM Maniac team as an intern! We are so excited to launch 2022 internship program, now it’s THIRD YEAR! We currently have a need for writers, content creators, content specialists, and many more for Winter/Spring 2022. As a member of our intern team, you will be joining a group of individuals who have an unparalleled passion for dance music culture.
Thoughtful, inspiring, and top-tier content is what we are all about. We have extremely high-quality standards when producing any content, so attention to detail is a must. If you are interested in joining our team as an intern, check out our current openings below.
To apply for ANY of the roles below, please email your resume AND relevant experience (for writing roles, a recent writing sample) to joinUS@edmmaniac.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
The internship program will be from mid/late February – to June 2022 (with a possible extension)
*Must have no prior commitments or ties to any other blogs or affiliations or competing entities (this is an absolute requirement)
*Must be pursuing a career in marketing, media/music/entertainment
*College credit offered if applicable
*Each role will require a minimum of 15 hours/week.
*Each role will be required to sign a standard NDA (non-disclosure) agreement
*In most cases, festival coverage, and writers will receive press accreditation and a travel stipend
*MUST be able to professionally represent EDM Maniac and EDM Maniac’s brands at music events/ festivals
*Almost all positions can be remote, LA team members will have an available open-air office space to come and work
*Enjoy a 4-day work week, our team does not work on Fridays!
We’re currently looking for interns for the following roles:
Regional Festival coverage writers in the following locations: Pacific Northwest, South Florida, Southern California, Midwest, Northeast, West (Mountain) APAC (Asia/Pacific), EMEA (Europe). These individuals will be responsible for writing comprehensive coverage about music events in their region and contributing to our Festival Report Card.
(4) Social Media Content Specialists, EDM Maniac and MANIAC BLVCK: these roles will create original, high-quality content graphic content for Instagram and will report to the Lead Content Specialist. Must have some experience creating content and a design background is HUGE PLUS.
(6) TikTok/Instagram Reel Content Creators – EDM Maniac/MANIAC BLVCK/culture: these roles will be individuals in the dance music scene who will create original dance music/festival-related content for EDM Maniac and/or MANIAC BLVCK socials (Instagram Reels and TikTok).
(2) Graphic Designers – EDM Maniac/MANIAC BLVCK – help design and create content with our content specialists for both brands. Experience is required!
(1) Editorial Writer – EDM Maniac: this person will be responsible for contributing long-form editorial content (including interviews). Must have some editorial writing experience in the music/dance music field.
(1) Lead Content Specialist – MANIAC BLVCK: this role will develop and lead a content strategy for our emerging house and techno music brand, MANIAC BLVCK. Must have social media experience and must listen to house and techno music daily. This role will work closely with content specialists. Must have knowledge of social media platforms and how they work.
(1) Junior Writer – MANIAC BLVCK: this role will cover house and techno music news stories. Must be able to commit a few hours per day. Must like house and techno music and must have at least some prior blog/ writing experience.
(1) Social Media Specialist – MANIAC BLVCK: this role will work with the MANIAC BLVCK content team and be responsible for posting on @MANIACBLVCK regularly and interacting with other brands and pages.
(1) Editorial Writer – MANIAC BLVCK: this person will be responsible for contributing long-form editorial content (including interviews). Must have some editorial writing experience in the music/dance music field.
RESIDENT TECHNO MANIAC – do you love techno? This position will focus solely on up-and-coming house and techno music artists, cover only house & techno events, interview artists and work with our content specialists and video teams to produce exciting techno content.
RESIDENT HOUSEHEAD- do you love HOUSE MUSIC? This position will focus solely on upcoming house and techno music artists, must have in-depth knowledge of house music, will cover only house events, interview artists, and work with our content specialists and video teams to produce exciting house music content.
RESIDENT BASSHEAD – do you live and breathe bass music? Do you headbang in the shower? Tell us you’ve been to Lost Lands without telling us you’ve been to Lost Lands. This position will focus solely on upcoming bass music artists, cover events, interview artists, and work with our seasoned content specialists and video teams to produce exciting bass music content.
P/T SEO SPECIALIST/CONTENT OPTIMIZATION – – this role will convert to a PAID, part-time, role with EDM Maniac. Candidates must have prior SEO experience and knowledge of content optimization techniques and tools. This is great for someone who has actually loves SEO but you must also have an unparalleled passion for dance music and culture.
For writing roles, the ideal candidates must be able to commit AT LEAST ONE FULL DAY A WEEK to strategize, conceptualize/write content. You will have the option of working remotely.
We are not your average media company and we take a ton of pride in that.
These are internships from now till the end of June 2022, unless otherwise discussed. We are able to offer college credit. Every role requires at least 15 hours a week.
We’re happy to offer you full credit for your work on edmmaniac.com, and of course the countless amount of dance industry experience you’ll get for working with a publication like ours.
More about the writing opportunities:
• Create high-quality original blog posts for EDM Maniac (Each between 300+ words)
• Pitch story ideas for feature pieces
• Reach out to social media influencers for collaborating and maximum exposure
• Create meaningful and thoughtful content that aligns with the EDM Maniac brand
The ideal candidates will have:
• Passion for and knowledge of dance music
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms and how they operate
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
• Strong professional communication skills
• Warm, enthusiastic personality
• Creative vision
• Prior blogging experience is a plus, but not required.
To apply for ANY of the roles above, please email your resume, relevant work experience (for writing roles, a recent writing sample) AND THE ROLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR to joinUS@edmmaniac.com. We look forward to hearing from you!