Insomniac’s newest festival Middlelands is coming up very soon, and we are excited to see all of your colorful costumes. This is the very first medieval themed music festival of its kind on this large of a scale. With large themed massives come some crazy, wild costumes. We here at EDM Maniac are excited to see all the outlandish costumes that all of you have created. Because what is a renaissance fair without brightly clad knights, dragons, princesses, and unicorns?
There is so much to do to get ready for Middlelands. Making sure you pack all your clothes and camping gear can be quite a difficult challenge. Sometimes we can get caught up in the commotion, or we just don’t have the time to make a costume. Sometimes we don’t really plan on going until a few days before the festival. Whatever the reason may be, there are still plenty of last minute ways to look festive for Middlelands. Here are some last minute hints to not only look fresh, but to feel fresh too.
- Think About The Weather – Remember that you will be dancing for long periods of time in the Southeast Texas heat and humidity. So you might want to leave that suit of armor at home for this festival. Instead choose something with light, thin layers that are breathable. Buy or create a costume with shorts that are comfortable. Get yourself a cute crop top or a sick tank top to stay cool in the crowd. They have many options for both men and women at iHeartRaves.com. With their quick shipping you are sure to have it in time Middlelands.
- Short Sleeve Onesie – There are many options now days for onesies. They now make onesies in all colors, shapes, sizes, and have every animal from dragons to unicorns. To help you stay cool, look into getting a short sleeved onesie. They have many great options with quick shipping at Kigurumi.com.
- Wear a Cape or Robe – A cape or robe is a simple way to quickly change your look. They are versatile and can help accent any costume. One cape can help transform your costume for all three days. You can easily take it off and store in your hydration pack when it gets too hot in the crowd. Check out medievalcollectibles.com for a wide range of renaissance themed capes and robes.
- T-shirt or Tank Top – There are many options online for medieval themed t-shirts and tank tops. They are comfortable, festive, and relatively cheap so get one for every day. Check out redbubble.com or cafepress.com for really good choices.
- Pre-made Costume – You can always just purchase a full costume online. There are many affordable options out there including Spirit Halloween and Yandy. They offer expedited shipping methods to make sure you are ready in time for Middlelands.
- Props – When buying props like swords and scepters, make sure that they are made of foam or soft plastic. Ask yourself, “Can this be used as a weapon?” If the answer is yes then most festivals, including Middlelands, won’t allow it. Safety first, fashion second. Click here for a full list of what is allowed and what is prohibited.