As you may already know, Australia is experiencing some of the worst wildfires in history. Many families’ homes have been ruined, animals displaced, and nearly 12 million acres burned. It is also estimated that nearly 480 million animals have been killed because of the fires.
Many people across the globe are stepping in to help, with donations pouring into various relief funds.
You too can help donate to the relief efforts in Australia. We have included some reputable places you can contribute below.
How to Donate to Firefighters
- The NSW Rural Fire Service lets you donate to specific brigades here.
- Donate to the Country Fire Service in South Australia to help volunteer firefighters here.
- The Queensland Fire and Rescue accepts donations here.
- Donations to the Country Fire Association support firefighters in Victoria and affected communities here.
How to Donate to Relief Organizations
- Donate to the Red Cross to help thousands of people in evacuation centers and recovery hubs here.
- The Salvation Army accepts donations to help local communities here.
- Donations to the St Vincent Society help feed affected families and buy them essentials here.
How to Donate to Wildlife Organizations
- Donate to the World Wildlife Fund Australia to help with koala conservation here.
- Donate to the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital to help provide water for wildlife and to support a Koala breeding program here.
- Donate to the RSPCA New South Wales to help with efforts to evacuate and rescue pets here.
View this post on Instagram
So so so sad. It’s breaking my heart. My home is on fire. I’m donating $100,000 to @wireswildliferescue to help injured, displaced wildlife. Please watch my story to find out how you can help @australiaA post shared by Flume (@flume) on