Outside Lands has finally announced their fully stacked 2019 lineup. It wasn’t news to us that Paul Simon will be in attendance for a post-retirement performance. We now know that Childish Gambino and Twenty One Pilots will be his co-headliners. Outside Lands will return to San Francisco’s historic Golden Gate Park on August 9-11 for a weekend of music, art, and fantastic culinary experiences.
Some other incredible artists set to attend are Flume, Kygo, Blink-182, Leon Bridges, Kacey Musgraves, and Lil Wayne. To everyones pleasure, Outside Lands will once again feature Grass Lands, an area in the festival solely focuses on cannabis. Introduced in 2018, the cannabis discovery area will display some of cannabis’ most thrilling developments in the field.
As the festival made its inaugural year in 2008, Outside Lands has diverted 65% of total waste from landfills. They have implemented a plethora of dedicated programs entirely focuses on sustainability and environmental education. Check out these programs below:
- Eco Lands is a dedicated area within the festival footprint that includes the presence of many arts and environmental non-profit partners. The goal is to provide an educational forum for sustainability, showcasing local community organizations and encouraging involvement.
- Outside Lands Works is a charitable fund created by the Festival that invests in the cultural vitality of the Bay Area through grants to regional non-profit arts and education programs.
- Refillable Water Programs
- Local and Regional Shuttle Program
- Plastic Straw Free
- Free Bike Valet
- Annual Beach Clean Up Events
- Farmers Market
- Flower Lands
Check out the full lineup below: