For most of us, the struggle to afford festival season is no joke. With admission prices averaging $300, plus the added expenses of travel and accommodations, one weekend-long experience can really break the bank. For some however, money is no object, and those individuals have the opportunity to purchase some of the most outrageous admission packages around. This year, Iceland’s Secret Solstice festival is offering the world’s most expensive festival ticket yet again, with a jaw-dropping price.
Secret Solstice 2015 made headlines with a $200,000 2-person ticket – at the time, the most expensive admission price for a music festival. Now, Secret Solstice is securing it’s “most expensive” title with a $1 million ALL-inclusive 6 person package!
According to the press release, the million dollar ticket will get YOU + 5 friends:
- Private chartered business jet (Gulfstream G300 or similar) return to Iceland from any destination on Earth for 6 people
- 24/7 access to two luxury cars, personal drivers, and private security for the entire week in Iceland
- Luxury 6-room villa for 7 nights in the center of Reykjavík over the Secret Solstice 2016 festival week
- Exclusive admittance to Secret Solstice 2016, including chaperoned access to off-limits areas of the festival site where possible
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Volcano event, the world’s first concert inside a volcano over the Secret Solstice 2016 weekend, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Private viewing areas for all major acts at Secret Solstice 2016, where possible
- Access to the private VIP artists bar on the festival site, only accessible by main stage artists and super-VIP guests
- The world famous Blue Lagoon reserved privately for an evening for the ticket purchasers and their invited guests, plus helicopter transfers for the ticketholders to the Blue Lagoon from Reykjavík
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Glacier event, the world’s only event inside Langjökull glacier, including. helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to the Secret Lagoon party in a 120+ year-old geothermal lagoon (Iceland’s oldest), including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to Secret Solstice 2016’s Midnight Sun Boat Party
- Private concert outside Reykjavík by prominent Icelandic act in a lava field, including helicopter transfers to the location
- Private show at the guests’ holiday residence in Iceland by prominent Icelandic act
- Private half-day Icelandic nature helicopter tour, to experience Iceland’s incredible natural sights from the air, with champagne lunch at a geothermal hotspot
- Personal engraved and framed memorial ticket for each guest, made from Icelandic lava rock
- 24/7 access to personal assistants during your stay in Iceland
- Private Icelandic dining experience with a prominent Icelandic chef personal chef at your holiday residence on a chosen night during your stay
- Private Icelandic food experiences on site at Secret Solstice 2016 on request
- Introductions where possible to Secret Solstice 2016 artists
- All food/drinks at Secret Solstice 2016, including hyper-premium drinks
- Private whale & dolphin watching tour
- Private airplane day tour over Iceland’s south coast, including Vatnajökull glacier and the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Midnight sun glacier walk on top of a glacier in Iceland with the sun still up after midnight, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík, and a private glacier snowmobile experience
- Private tours of any additional Icelandic holiday/tourist experiences where possible, with time permitting
- More to be announced soon!
Of course, there’s still normal-priced tickets for us common folk going for approximately $200 USD. And, whether you’re doing a VIP package or not, Secret Solstice is still one of the most unique music festivals around. Held during summer solstice in Reykjavík, Iceland, the sun never does fully set on the 72 hour weekend. And, in addition to offering the most expensive ticket, Secret Solstice pioneered glacier parties in 2015 and is boasting the world’s first volcano party this year. The lineup is impressive as well with Radiohead, Of Monsters And Men, Action Bronson and Jamie Jones being just some of the headliners for 2016.
For more information on Secret Solstice 2016, including tickets, travel and more, check here.