Electric Daisy Carnival kicks off Friday in Las Vegas. Right now, Insomniac Events is working around the clock to bring you the biggest and best EDC ever. I’m sure everyone will be in for quite the shock when entering the Las Vegas Motor Speedway this weekend. This will be my 5th EDC in Las Vegas. I have attended the festival since back in the early 2000’s. Here are some final tips you should be aware of now that EDC Week is officially here:
- Be sure and activate your EDC wristband. You will need to do this prior to entering the festival. Be sure to do it ASAP.
- Also, print out your shuttle pass! You can also save the ticket’s barcode to your phone. You will need to present that when picking up your shuttle wristband.
- Be sure to take care of it and do not take it off because you will need to purchase another one if you do. If you are arriving early to Las Vegas, you can pick up your bracelet ahead of time at MGM Resorts Village which is near The Luxor. You can find all details here: https://www.insomniac.com/media/how-redeem-your-edc-las-vegas-2015-shuttle-pass
- Another thing you should do is confirm your hotel room reservation. Remember nearly all hotels charge a “resort fee” in Las Vegas, so don’t be surprised when you see $20+ daily resort fees applied to your bill. You should also remind your roommates about how much their portion of the room is if you are sharing.
- Don’t forget to pack you ID – and it’s smart to make a photocopy of it…just in case!
- By now, most of you should start packing and finishing up those kandi-making sessions. If you are flying to Las Vegas – remember the TSA rules on what you can and can’t bring on a flight.
- When you are at the festival, be sure to TIME STAMP your text messages. We all know that wifi at festivals can be tricky. Time stamping will help you locate your friends faster. TRUST ME.
- Bring extra cash to EDC. This will save you on ATM fees.
- It’s going to be very, very hot for EDC Week and EDC. Pack some sunscreen and be sure and stay hydrated by drinking water or any sports drink like Gatorade.
- Most importantly, bring your good vibes, smiles, costumes and energy to Sin City!!
I’ll be arriving later on today to avoid the EDC rush! My advice is that you also leave as early as you can!
Oh, if you are looking for a fun pool party – check out EDM Maniac’s party on Sunday at the Golden Nugget Hotel. House music legend DJ Dan will be there along with Tommie Sunshine and Kristina Sky and Halfway House! Tickets are just $10: bit.ly/SundayFundayLV.
See you in Sin City!