EDM Maniac is currently looking for a health/fitness writer to join our growing editorial team. This position will align with the dance music lifestyle content produced on EDM Maniac socials and web. This job is part-time and is paid.
Being healthy and fit is crucial to everyday life. We believe dance music fans are some of the most aesthetically pleasing (that’s fancy terms for good looking) and health-conscience people there are on this planet. The ideal candidate aligns with this ideology and lifestyle, but most importantly, is eager to share health tips, workout advice, and general fitness etiquette to our dance music community.
We’re looking for someone who loves dance music and loves being healthy and fit. In short, your job responsibility will include producing health and fitness-related content. We’re a blank canvas and are excited to see what ideas you have for social media and for editorial content.
TO APPLY: send your resume and links of your previous work (examples of social media posts, health and fitness related content) and a description of yourself and the answer to this question: “What does maintaining a healthy lifestyle mean to a dance music fan?” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO SUM IT ALL UP….
- Report and write health and fitness pieces (including 15-Minute Workouts and Weekly Fitness Scoop)
- Report and write one non-fitness story each week
- Create a question and answer forum
- Contribute to our social media networks
- Pitch fitness stories/fitness ideas for the website each week
- Manage our health and fitness column with tips, advice, resources from all over the web
- Attend assigned events, interviewing health and fitness conscience dance music fans
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for and knowledge of the dance music community, health and fitness
- A strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Strong professional communication skills
- Strong health and fitness vocabulary
- In-depth understanding of work out techniques, strategies
- Ability to convey fitness terms to beginners (visually and through editorial content)
- Warm, enthusiastic personality
- Creative vision, strategic thinker
- Prior blogging experience is a plus but not required
Thanks for your interest in joining the EDM Maniac team. We look forward to hearing from you!